The Desktop Support Engineer role is responsible for providing technical analysis and solutions on the products and services. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
- Provide investigation, diagnosis, resolution and recovery for hardware/software problems. When unable to resolve, escalate to 2nd level or 3rd level in accordance to Service Desk processes.
- Manage service request, software installation, new computer setups, upgrades, etc.
- Maintain ownership of users issue and service ensuring that they receive resolution within reasonable time frame. (Responsible to all hardware and application support, queries, issues and problems and take ownership in the monitoring, operating, managing, in the completion and delivery of issue resolution (and take ownership in the completion of delivery and issue resolution).
- Performs general preventive maintenance tasks on PC, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment.
- Returns defective equipment/parts to maintenance inventory, documents customer repairs, maintains and restocks assigned parts inventory to insure proper spare parts levels
- Educate end users on basic software, hardware and peripheral device operation
- Operates within, enforces, and suggests modifications and additions to desktop standards and guidelines
- Ensures that supported customer accurately completes the approved work request with the date and time of submission
- Develop sound understanding of IT operations and related applications and IT systems as well as business related processes and procedures
- Generate detailed activity reports and documentation for every case.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.