The primary role of the Junior Programmer is to develop, support and maintain business applications that will help increase productivity and efficiency of fellow workers. The Junior Programmer works closely with the Application Management Specialist
- Selects and recommends appropriate off-the-shelf software applications for the system according to business requirements and ensures the success of the implementation.
- Identifies issues related to business applications for the purpose of resolving user problems
- Assist in managing projects from conceptualization to completion with the goal of delivering a service rather than simply providing an IT business application.
- Develops and prepares user materials or documentation for the purpose of providing instruction and reference on the proper and efficient usage of business applications.
- Prepares and conducts complementary support training information and provide quick tips, workbook.
- Administers application and database security (e.g. authorization, access, read-only, passwords, etc.) for the purpose of regulating access to various business applications and ensuring confidentiality of records.
- Documents solutions for incidents and reported problems for the purpose of maintaining a knowledge base.
- Maintains historical records and ensures the safekeeping of program codes or and other related documentation including managing the versions associated with the development of new functionalities or revisions to fix known bugs.
- Responds to user requests for a variety of report options for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Achieves industry standard certifications in web-based and mobile applications development.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge and keeps track of industry development by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Organizes regular research studies for new technologies and recommends products and solutions that fit into the organization.
SCOPE AND SIZE
||IT Infrastructure Operations Group, Service Desk, IT Technical Management Teams, Business Application Owners, External Service Providers and Vendors
EDUCATION – MINIMUM REQUIRED LEVEL
Bachelor’s Degree in any IT related course or equivalent
At least 1 year work experience in an IT application management or development environment
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS 1—REQUIRED
- Project Management
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- Database administration using Microsoft SQL
- Positive attitude and energy, adaptable and flexible, honest, proactive, enthusiastic, goal focused, persistent Analytical skills and logical thinking
- Communication and writing skills Interpersonal skills
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS 2—DESIRED BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
- General programming skills but focused on ASP.NET and C#
- Knowledge in developing mobile and web based and data driven applications