Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide production support for critical enterprise web applications and environments
- Participate in the incident and problem management processes as a resolver accountable for resolution, root cause analysis, and reporting
- Ensure that all production changes are processed according to established change management policies and procedures.
- Interface with internal and external business and technical partners and cross functional IT departments.
- Foster a knowledge and understanding of clients’ and customers’ business issues and needs and how IT interrelates.
- Responsibilities for implementation of application installations, upgrades, patches, Active Directory maintenance, load testing, performance monitoring and optimization.
- Actively participate in application architectural development
- Define standards and best practices; develop processes and scripts for automating and improving production support tasks.
- Administration of Windows 2008 operating system (up to latest version), SQL Server 2008 databases (up to latest version), web services, network device configuration, and administration of domain controllers/Active Directory.