The System Administrator is responsible to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as back-ups
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Perform daily backup operations , ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary
- Create, change and delete user accounts per request
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities
- Maintain data center environment and monitoring equipment
- Other IT related activities assigned by the Client in relation to server support
- Monthly Exception Status Report generation for management
- Troubleshooting network connectivity, providing email client support from an end user perspective
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory and disk partitions as required.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Sciences, Technology, degree or relevant experience
- Specific experience with Microsoft Operating Systems 2008R2 to 2012 R2, and Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- Experience with Cisco ASA firewall technology and Cisco switching and routing
- Experience with Symantec Endpoint Protection