|• At least 5+ years, current, strong, hands on experience with large LAN/WAN/Wireless environments in the following areas: Analysis, architecture, design, networking, configuration, troubleshooting and support.
• Must be able to demonstrate operational knowledge of general networking and security technologies.
• Operational knowledge of LAN/WAN architecture and how WLAN is integrated into the network.
• Experience supporting large wireless networks (Cisco, Aruba or other). Experience with Aruba wireless controllers, CAPs, RAPs, Airwave tool and ClearPass policy manager preferred.
• Experience with DHCP, DNS, VMWare, Riverbed, Linux/Unix servers, Cisco Firewalls/Switches/Routers in a production environment is desired.
• Thorough understanding of wireless authentication protocols (802.1x and web captive portal, EAP-PEAP, EAP-TLS), security and network management.
• Knowledge of networking and security protocols & the technologies used to secure large enterprise environments.
• Knowledge of Aruba 7000 series mobility controllers and all types of access points including Instant Access Points (IAPs), Remote Access Points (RAPs) and 802.11ac Access Points
• Ability to use tools to generate heat maps to provide optimal AP placement to produce wireless signal coverage and meet client requirements.
• Ability to assist with configuration, tuning and optimization of Aruba WLAN systems
• Experience working with vendor support teams and following escalations procedures as required.
• Experience configuring IPSEC VPN tunnels between two endpoints and experience with HP or Aruba LAN switches.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• One or more Aruba/Cisco/Microsoft certifications
• Previous experience working in a NOC environment
• Knowledge in the use of Lotus Notes
• Data Center and cabling knowledge a plus
• Service-oriented qualifications such as ITIL is preferred
• Project Management qualification such as Prince2 Foundation or PMP certification would be advantageous
• Other spoken languages may be helpful but not required
• Knowledge or Experience with any or all of the below desired o 802.11, wireless analysis & security auditing. (Ability to perform RF surveys a plus) o Packet captures & analysis techniques
o LAN/WAN technologies, OSPF, MPLS, IPsec, VPN, BGP, and EIGRP o Writing scripts to assist in streamlining configurations changes and health checks o Developing and implementing BYOD strategies
o Developing and implementing wired and wireless Guest Access Controls (Aruba
ClearPass, Cisco ISE)
o Microsoft Visio o Android and Apple phones/tablets
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
• Work with other local wireless support members in an office environment providing
(Tier III) level support of a global Aruba (brand) wireless network
• Provide incident resolution for all wireless related issues in a global environment which includes hardware failure, network connectivity issues, and end-user wireless connectivity or performance issues.
• Handles high-severity tickets and coordinates with industry partners for resolution if required.
• Work with Aruba wireless access points, controllers, switches, ClearPass and Airwave servers.
• Collaborate with client’s Networking and Security teams, developer groups and software and hardware vendors to provide optimum system performance and availability.
• Incorporate best practices regarding documentation, monitoring, administration, performance tuning, and patching.
• Assist in quarterly health checks for audit compliance reviews.
• Develop and recommend solutions to enhance system performance and stability
• Maintain Aruba equipment and perform system upgrades including code and hardware upgrades and equipment moves
• Fine-tune existing wireless networks by adjusting RF settings, client matching, band steering and adjusting/changing areas of the network to provide optimal wireless solutions to the end-user population.
• Analyze existing architecture and implementation and make recommendations and changes needed to improve performance or streamline processes.