We’ve got exciting news! Cisco is making playback of your Webex Meetings recordings easier and better.
With the 40.10 release, all new recordings in Webex Meetings will be stored in MP4 format, either in the cloud or locally as selected at the site or host level, with a video-centric experience. By standardizing the recording format, you’ll have a wider choice of playback tools, better security and an easier collaboration experience even after your meetings.
Here are a few things you need to know about the recording improvements coming in the 40.10 release:
- Existing ARF and WRF recordings can still be downloaded or played at the Webex site.
- For now, you can:
- Record in ARF format in the cloud for Events, Training and Support sessions.
- Record in WRF format locally for Training sessions.
- We’ll move all new recording for Events and Training to MP4 format in a future release, which will be announced separately.
- This change does not apply to TSP Sites and FedRAMP customers.
- For more information regarding video centric recording, go to https://help.webex.com/d8o7deb.
If your site uses WRF recording format as the default, you can make the change now by selecting MP4 recordings at the site-level.
- Cisco Webex Site Administration
Configurations > Common Site Settings > Options
- Control Hub
Services > Sites > Select a Site > Configure Site > Site Options
Please be aware of the increased storage requirements for MP4 recordings.
Helpful Resources on Storage: